Hamel Law Firm represents clients in the Oklahoma City, OK area who have been charged with drug crimes. If you’re fighting any type of drug charges, call our office ASAP to learn more about your options.
5 major drug charges
Drug laws are complicated; they change often and vary by state. The five major drug crimes are:
- Paraphernalia—possession, sale or import of pipes, rolling papers, syringes or other tools used to produce or use drugs.
- Trafficking—the movement of any illegal substance over state lines or into the country.
- Possession—ownership of any illegal controlled substance, such as marijuana, cocaine or heroin.
- Manufacturing—involvement in any part of the drug production process, with the exception of legal medical marijuana production.
- Dealing—the sale or delivery of any illegal substance. Dealing charges are often similar to trafficking charges but on a much smaller scale.
You should understand the meaning behind any drug charge brought against you—as well as the penalties of a conviction. Call Hamel Law Firm right away to start discussing your case with a drug crimes lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK.